[SOLVED] Is Killing Windows Explorer harm the computer?

Oct 9, 2019
Hello,
I accidentally ended the Windows Explorer task from the task manger and when a blank page appeared i restarted the computer from the case button and it booted but i noticed higher disk usage especially when using chrome it get stuck at 100% disk usage at it never happened before.

So, I'm was wondering if Killing Windows Explorer has any harmful effects on my computer and does this chrome issue is related to it ?

Thanks in Advance

Solution
The two things are highly unlikely to be related in any way.

Windows Explorer can end abnormally for any number of reasons, including a user killing it, and is set up to be automatically restarted whenever that happens.

You also need to define "get stuck." There are often relatively brief periods of 100% disk usage and CPU usage. It's only if they don't resolve themselves and cause the machine to either completely "lock up" or slow to a crawl and stay that way that there's really an issue.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019

Windows Explorer can end abnormally for any number of reasons, including a user killing it, and is set up to be automatically restarted whenever that happens.

You also need to define "get stuck." There are often relatively brief periods of 100% disk usage and CPU usage. It's only if they don't resolve themselves and cause the machine to either completely "lock up" or slow to a crawl and stay that way that there's really an issue.

Reactions: Mo. Harby and Eximo
Solution
Oct 9, 2019

First of all thank you very much for fast response,
I never really had problem with CPU usage the whole issue is with the hdd that is way my next upgrade would be a SSD, and what i mean by "get stuck." that just by opening a new tab in chrome the disk usage stays at 100% for about 15 min. and don't really know why.

fortunately, the problem is solved I just shut down the computer for about 20 min. and when i turned it on it booted normally and the disk usage was back to normal performance.

Thanks again 😊