Is kolink brand good ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy7895

Reputable
Jan 14, 2015
Hello, i saw there is a brand called kolink, does someone know if it's good ? since they are doing cheap case and psu

Solution
I mean crap. It's an unknown brands with no reliable information or professional reviews on it. For all we know it could be one of those terrible units that catch fire. I would only ever purchase units that have been tested by professional electrical engineers.
I mean crap. It's an unknown brands with no reliable information or professional reviews on it. For all we know it could be one of those terrible units that catch fire. I would only ever purchase units that have been tested by professional electrical engineers.

Solution

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
As the most crucial part of a computer, a power supply is guilty until proven innocent. Power supplies aren't purchasable unless they or the platform they're based on have been given professional reviews. And that means people with the proper specialized equipment such as a load tester, not customer reviews on a retail site.

I see no professional Kolink PSU reviews and while their OEM (Huntkey) has made a few competent PSUs, Huntkey has also made an awful lot of unsafe PSUs. If one can't afford to have a safe PSU, I'm guessing one really can't afford to replace many of the components that a low-end PSU puts at risk.

AlphaPCs

Commendable
Dec 8, 2016

I brought a 500w kolink PSU for a pc and have had it for 3 months. I can vouch that it works completely fine and has had no problems.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

This is what testing a PSU to see if it works "completely fine and has no problems" consists of.

JGTesting1.jpg

This is not.

PSU.png

People come here for actual advice.

So how are you measuring its instantaneous voltage and changes in voltage? Unless you have expensive equipment, there's no way to really know if it's "working fine". "Working" and "working fine" are not the same thing. Not to break your spirit or anything ;)

Jakub_22

Prominent
Jul 5, 2017
I recently bought 4x 700W version. RUBBISH !!! One exploded after few days. Remaining 3 despite stating 700W power off randomly when loaded to just 400W . Label states 600W continuous load - NOT A HOPE ! I had to drop the power draw on it to around 350W so it actually stays up and running. Already returned 2 of them as faulty to the supplier but I have a feeling they will just replace them and I will have to send all 4 back after further testing.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

That's the problem with the warranty of a junk PSU - they'll just replace it with another junk one!

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran

Aiden_22

Prominent
Aug 5, 2017
i have a kolink 600 watt psu in my budget build after my other one died. ive had it for 3 years now and have no issues with it. i woulodnt say theyre the best but if your looking for one braqnd new for your build i would reccomend it. never had any issues with it

Recommending power supplies based on your onw personal experience is never good. Crappy power supplies can last long and great power supplies can die early. Anything can happen. You have to go by what experts say who actually test these things and analyze the electronics to know how good a power supply is. Just because yours lasted 3 years (which is nothing amazing) does not make it recommendable.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

That's not a review. It's a bullet list of selling points on an object for sale that's missing nearly *all* the determinants of whether a PSU is competent or not.

ianh21

Honorable
Feb 11, 2015
i've used lots of the cases and like them for the money, as someone else said, easy to build in, good quality and look nice and 'different'. the kolink illuminosity is a nice looking case too.

i have also used there PSU's in budget non gaming builds and they have been fine and without issue. i always use bronze rated psu's for what its worth and it would seem all budget psu's are ok, crap or terrible. these seem ok and on ocuk thread, they have the lowest RMA of most of there brands.

i cannot say they are magic as i haven't tested them with professional equipment but for budget non gaming builds they are fine.

i'd definitely use the cases again thats for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.