[SOLVED] Is LEXAR NS100 a good Brand SSD ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Ok, Then get the Lexar. I'm thinking the difference is small enough that you won't notice and the easier warranty process is always a consideration when I purchase stuff too.
You didn't mention a specific Kingston drive so I didn't have anything to compare to...

In the future when comparing drives:

- #1 don't focus on the Sequential Read & write speeds; those 500+mb/s numbers.
For most users, your focus should be on the lowest numbers, the 4k Random Read & writes with QD =1.
This is the mode that most users spend about 80% of there pc time at & its a speed that chokes an HDD and an SSD can be 1000x faster.

- #2 Size matters. Compare drives speeds for the same size drive you are looking at. Often the smaller drives cannot...

anticeon

Distinguished
May 22, 2014
How much are you spending on that SSD? Where are you located and what are your options for SSD purchases? Also, what is the make and model of your motherboard?

FYI, this is seen as thread hijacking.

I live in south east asia its so pricey here.
Its for laptop no m2 only sata

i only have 4 option:
Samsung 860 evo 500gb (blackmarket from chinese no official warranty)
Lexar ns100 1tb ( 3 years warranty)
Pioneer SSD APS-SL3N 1tb ( 3 years warranty)
Hdd seagate 2tb ( 2 years warranty)

Last edited:
The Lexar NS100, I believe, uses the Marvell 88NV1120 with 3D TLC. That controller is an embedded, DRAM-less design, which in translation means "cheap." Which Pioneer drive is it? The APS-SL3 uses the DRAM-less Phison S11 with 3D TLC, not much better.

Reactions: mkaafy

anticeon

Distinguished
May 22, 2014
The Lexar NS100, I believe, uses the Marvell 88NV1120 with 3D TLC. That controller is an embedded, DRAM-less design, which in translation means "cheap." Which Pioneer drive is it? The APS-SL3 uses the DRAM-less Phison S11 with 3D TLC, not much better.

I already own WD Blue 3D for Boot Drive it has dram and never dissappoint me.

so i want to buy the drive for my secondary drive i think might i just buy traditional HDD?

Do you think Lexar with Marvell 88NV1120 is better than Pioneer? i read internet Phison S11 have so many problems.

anticeon

Distinguished
May 22, 2014
The Pioneer is a little bit faster if the price is comparable. Both appear to be decent dram-less SSD's.

there is also other thing for consideration.
Lexar brand warranty handle by most trusted distributor in my country.
while Pioneer handle by lower tier distributor company.

in this chinese web http://www.pceva.com.cn/article/4365-1.html
Lexar also perform good and on par with Kingston.

popatim

Titan
Ok, Then get the Lexar. I'm thinking the difference is small enough that you won't notice and the easier warranty process is always a consideration when I purchase stuff too.
You didn't mention a specific Kingston drive so I didn't have anything to compare to...

In the future when comparing drives:

- #1 don't focus on the Sequential Read & write speeds; those 500+mb/s numbers.
For most users, your focus should be on the lowest numbers, the 4k Random Read & writes with QD =1.
This is the mode that most users spend about 80% of there pc time at & its a speed that chokes an HDD and an SSD can be 1000x faster.

- #2 Size matters. Compare drives speeds for the same size drive you are looking at. Often the smaller drives cannot achieve the same performance as the larger versions of the same drive. This is because the larger versions usually have more channels to the flash chips (ie - more flash chips are connected to the controller)

-#3 Check many reviews. Even a reputable brand can market a drive that fails often or switches to making the same drive with different or slower components and not tell anyone.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.