Is my 2600K overheating?

rootcontroller

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013
My CPU has been reaching 100% utilization, and shutting down to protect itself at ~90c. The only thing differently that I've done was install the Battlefield 4 Beta, which ran fine, and my PC wasn't giving me any problems while playing.

I have checked tasks to see which programs were being used while the CPU was overheating, and nothing reached over 50k at startup.

Startup applications are a combinations of Windows services, Razer drivers, Microsoft Security Essentials, Malwarebytes, and other random drivers.

I have disabled MSE and Malwarebytes, but overheating still happens.

On the hardware side, I cleaned off the old thermal paste on the CPU and CPU cooler (Corsair H60) and reseat the cooler on the CPU.

Here is my PC spec:

Windows 7 Enterprise x64
Intel i7 2600k (NOT overclocked)
Corsair H60 Cooler
ASUS Maximus V EXTREME motherboard
8GB Corsair Dominator RAM (1600MHZ 9 9 9 24)
2x Asus 6970 GPUs

I am not really sure what else to do. Any help would be appreciative. Thank you.

rootcontroller

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013
My apologies. I am using the Corsair H60. My case is a Cooler Master Stacker 810.

My fans are placed properly. Mind you, this setup has worked flawless for at least a year now up until 2 days ago. The PC was not giving me issues while in game. It started while doing nothing but looking at a youtube video 2 days ago. Ever since that moment, the PC has been overheating. I didn't kick it, I didn't install any new software except for BF4, which shouldn't be giving me any problems if I'm not playing it.

rootcontroller

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013

Doesn't stay on long enough to run anything. Going to try and reapply thermal paste.

TRENDING THREADS