Question Is my ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI motherboard toast?

muzzfuzz

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2012
Around two weeks ago I left my PC running overnight (as per usual) and there was a short power outage. In the morning the PC wouldn't power on - pushing the power button just did nothing. I managed to kick start the PC by resetting the CMOS (battery removal), and since then I've been restarting and sleeping it rather than shutting it down in the fear that it might not start up again.

A couple days ago my significant other decided to shut it down for me and now it won't power on, (no fans, no POST, just stillness) even with the CMOS reset. I've got an old backup PC (Intel though) and confirmed the PSU is working fine by part swapping but no matter what I do the current PC won't fire up.

I'm using an ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI motherboard with a 7800x3d. No visible damage on the board. I've removed it from the case and tried using the other case's power button along with trying to jump start it using a screwdriver - no dice.

When power is supplied (obviously PC not running), the mobo LED lights are lit up, and an animation initially plays on my cpu cooler (I leave it unplugged for troubleshooting). The part that makes me think it's the mobo is the BIOS flashback button is slowly flashing as though it's running - nothing is connected to any USB port, and the button isn't visibly broken and hasn't been pressed.

I feel like something may have gone crack and it's now stuck in BIOS flashback mode (possibly a bricked motherboard). I've never used BIOS flashback before (I have updated the BIOS from within the BIOS).

Don't think its worth paying for a techie since I'm 90% certain it's the motherboard. Any suggestions or thoughts before I go and splash out on a replacement B650 motherboard?

-- Sorry mod :)
CPU: Ryzen 7 7800x3D
CPU cooler: MAG Coreliquid 360R V2
Motherboard: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (2x16GB) CMK32GX5M2D6000Z36
SSD/HDD: Samsung 990 PRO
GPU: MSI GAMING X TRIO RTX 4080
PSU: Corsair RM850x (I think 2022)
Chassis: NZXT H7 Flow
BIOS Version: Not sure, can't get to it. Last updated quite recently, around two months ago.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

TRENDING THREADS