bloodyredd

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011
Recently my card have been working fine and I was playing LoL for a few hours and I turned my computer off since I'll be eating my lunch. Then after eating I went back to my computer, turned it on then for some reason there is no display but e components are working. So is this a sign of a dead graphics card or what? I tried reseatting the card and replacing the power cord. So yeah, any suggestions? I don't know if the store where i bought card would replace it with another one since they are only a retailer. My card is a MSI GTX560 Ti Twin Frozr II.

docxxx

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012

:??: would you be more precise on your problem....
whats your pc specifications??? no display doesn't mean dead graphic card....there are plenty of reason
have you checked your RAM..what kind of PSU are you using??..since how much time you are using your graphic card....? what's the temperature of your gpu while gaming???
what kind of monitor you are using??? via which output..VGA,DVI, HDMI?

have you consider it may be your display cable which may be defective or your monitor ??

bloodyredd

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011
Yes I already checked my ram, cables and stuff. My gpu temps go around 60-70 and I got my card just this February. Im using a 22 or 23 inch LG monitor, I dont know the model name. I use DVI I guess, the one with many holes.

bloodyredd

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011
I don't know what you're saying but I think I do not have or know such thing >_< anyhow here is my spec.

Intel i5 520? *first gen i5
Asus p55p7d evo
Msi gtx 560 ti twin frozr 2 OC Ed
4gb Ram g.skil ripjaws
Corsair TX 650w

JJ1217

Honorable
Take out your graphics card, and plug your DVI cable into the motherboard instead. Hopefully that CPU has onboard graphics for display (On intel's website there seems to be multiple i5 520 types, so I couldn't really establish which one you had).

Your motherboard should detect no GPU and run the CPU graphics to show display. If it shows display, looks like a GPU issue then.

bloodyredd

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011

No, not yet but the video card only have a mini hdmi so I cannot use my hdmi cable since its big.

Hmm, no but recently everytime I open my computer the bios seems to be missig so I had to reset it to default every now and then before my computer does not show any display. I already tried clearing the cmos and it did not work.

I have an old 5850 but it is broken and also did not show any display after it broke so I cant really check if the card is truly broken or not.

JJ1217

Honorable
Borrow one then, no point using the Warranty when you don't know its the issue.

One thing about the warranty if you choose to RMA it, always make a little mark on the card, say with a pen or something, in a location, so that you know if they send the same card back, or a different card. ^.^

docxxx

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012

it is kind of funny...can't we directly look at the serial number of the card for that purpose??

bloodyredd

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011

Oh wow, I haven't thought of that. Anyway I'll post some news after getting it back to the store.