Question Is my CPU or the motherboard defective

May 24, 2019
Just got a new AMD Athlon 200GE and Asus A320M-K MB and 8g RAM. Everything booted at first. Bios display showed all OK. When try to install op system, it failed to reboot again. No bios screen. How can I tell what component failed?

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it;s customary to include your full system's specs. list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

You could try and remove the CMOS battery and replace it after 15 mins and see if you regain functionality(and BIOS screen entrance).

May 24, 2019
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it;s customary to include your full system's specs. list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

You could try and remove the CMOS battery and replace it after 15 mins and see if you regain functionality(and BIOS screen entrance).

Actually there are two pins to short to clear Bios, but I think the problems worse than that I had Ubuntu on a bootable thumb drive and that didn't boot either!

May 24, 2019
Actually there are two pins to short to clear Bios, but I think the problems worse than that I had Ubuntu on a bootable thumb drive and that didn't boot either!
OK
CPU - AMD Athlon 200GE with Radeon Graphics
MB - Asus A320M-k
Ram - Corsair Vengance 8 GB DDR4
HD - WD 1TB SATAIII
PSU - EVGA 400W
OS - UBUNTU (to be installed)
Case - junk