Is my geforce gts 250 1gb full hd compatible?

jakes862

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2011
hey guys i baught an samsung 23'' led screen it has 2 hdmi ports on the screen so i also baught the other full hd cable but i noticed my graphics card an ge force gts 250 1gb doesnt have an usb type port on the card but my mother board has one so i plugged the other end of the cable into the mother board socket has this made it full hd or must that port be plugged into my grapichs card? thanx guys

Helltech

Distinguished
If it not plugged into the graphics card you will be using onboard graphics processing power. To be honest, you shouldn't be able to game very well on that, am I right?

A reference GeForce GTS 250 has two Dual Link DVI ports.

To connect one of the graphics card's DVI ports to one of the monitor's HDMI ports is going to require a DVI-to-HDMI adapter or cable.

Check to see if your graphics card package included one or two DVI-to-HDMI adapters.

markusaurileus

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
i think you're referring to an Hi-Def Multimedia Interface (HDMI) cable. One of the people above you is correct, you need to get an adapter, try searching DVI-HDMI adapter or if you go to an electronic store, they should know what it is...

What are you trying to do on your computer by the way? A GTS 250 will have a hard time at 1920x1080 if you wanna play games on high.

TRENDING THREADS