Question Is my GPU Crapping out or is it another problem?

epimyst

Prominent
Mar 26, 2018
Hello, I've been having issues for the past week or so where my Graphics card will crash in one way or another, some crashes result in a bluescreen with the error "video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error", other times it will just quit displaying on the monitors I have connected, but the display I have connected to my mobo works perfectly fine... All the while my GPU will turn on its fans to mach 10. The first problem I thought was it's overheating, however that's not the issue, I've been watching the temps, and they are at a consistent ~30c Idling and ~50c In-game, so that's not the issue, I have checked multiple times if it's connected to the slot properly, That's fine too. I remember it happening only after I updated to a new driver from NVIDIA, and then it started crashing, I've updated drivers since, and the issue persists. Any help could be appreciated, and If you have any questions I can try and go into more detail.

Here are my Specs :

CPU : i7 4790k (Never Overclocked)
GPU : Gigabyte GTX 1060 WINDFORCE OC 6G (Never OC'd)
RAM : G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (I've had these set at 1333 MHz)
Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU Cooler : Corsair H80i v2
Case : NZXT H500i Mid ATX Case
Storage : WD Blue 1TB HDD/Kingston 120GB SSD
PSU : EVGA 550 B3

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS