[SOLVED] Is my GPU dying?

Aug 4, 2021
Hello I need some help today with my GTX 1660 super ever since I started to play the new F1 game I noticed no matter what I'm doing when I'm on a game there's a random chance that both my monitors lose signal and will not turn back on unless I completely restart my computer I have done everything that I could think of I reinstalled windows I reinstall drivers I made sure my GPU was completely seated I made sure everything was plugged in tight I do not have another working computer to test this on and I'm really short on money and I cannot afford to get a new one I got my graphics card in December of 2019 it is a gigabyte 1660 Super O C I will leave my spec down below

Also to note I did run GPU FurMark for 5mins fine also Intell burner I think it's called for a few min but when I ran them both at the same time it happened. could this be a GPU issue.

GPU 1660 SUPER

CPU Ryzen 5 2600

RAM 16 GB OC to 3000

STOR 1TB SSD 1TB HDD 500G SSD

Upgraded cpu fan to the wraith stealth

Only Ram is overclocked

Problem started a few days ago

Solution
After a lot of gaming I would get my temps to top out at around 75 with 85% fan speed.

All my drives have at least 120 gb left. My HDD has 182

Thus was a issue with solo games too
Sounds like both your HDD and SDD are getting full. I recommend using defragmentation to optimise your HDD.

If possible, you might also need a new HDD.

chaoyang

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019
1) Do you know the temperatures for your specs during gaming?

2) How full is your HDD, try defragmenting it regularly.

3) Note that online game tends to suddenly lag due to connectivity issues.

Aug 4, 2021
what is your PSU? brand/model and how old it is

I got it in 2018 when I got a 1050 oc I think it is 700watts. EVGA 80 plus no gold just a white label and it was around $40 at bestbuy.

Edit. okay found the email it is a EVGA - 80 PLUS 600W ATX 12V/EPS 12V Power Supply - Black and the date I got it was
Thu, Dec 6, 2018

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2021
1) Do you know the temperatures for your specs during gaming?

2) How full is your HDD, try defragmenting it regularly.

3) Note that online game tends to suddenly lag due to connectivity issues.

After a lot of gaming I would get my temps to top out at around 75 with 85% fan speed.

chaoyang

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019

Sounds like both your HDD and SDD are getting full. I recommend using defragmentation to optimise your HDD.

If possible, you might also need a new HDD.

Solution