Question Is my GPU faulty or is something wrong with my setup?

Aug 10, 2024
My setup:
  • Processor (CPU): Intel Core i7 - 10700 OEM
  • Graphics Card (GPU): NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Gigabyte 8Gb (GV-N306TXGAMING OC-8GD)
  • Motherboard: ASRock H510M-HVS R2.0
  • RAM: 16Gb DDR4 2666MHz Kingston Fury Beast Black (KF426C16BBK2/16) (2x8Gb KIT)
  • Power Supply (PSU): 750W DeepCool DQ750-M-V2L WH
My problem:
Greetings, my GPU and pc in general works fine most of the time, but while playing certain games( Pathfinder WOTR and Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector) my pc crashes after several minutes. I do not see any spikes in usage, temps are seemingly fine, and much more demanding games like Cyberpunk 2077 and AC Odyssey work fine. Tried many things including clean setup of windows, but the problem persists. I was able to determine that GPU is the most likely culprit, as when i tried playing on integrated processor graphics and my backup GT 1030 i didn't experience crashes. My question- is it because my GPU is faulty? Or maybe some other factors may contribute? I'm confused.

Imperat0r

Proper
Apr 19, 2024
Hello.
Do you have this crashes only in those games ?
You tried to play other games that put your card to work?
Because there are some cases when your card is ok but due to the drivers you can have those crashes.
So in order to eliminate the card from list, it is recommended to try more games first not only Odyssey and Cyberpunk.

Aug 10, 2024
Hello.
Do you have this crashes only in those games ?
You tried to play other games that put your card to work?
Because there are some cases when your card is ok but due to the drivers you can have those crashes.
So in order to eliminate the card from list, it is recommended to try more games first not only Odyssey and Cyberpunk.
Yes, many. Baldur's gate 3, skyrim with hundreds of mods, apex, ets. Tried to make longer list, but it wouldn't let me send it cause it looked like spam. Crashes only in games i mentioned.

Imperat0r

Proper
Apr 19, 2024
OK.
Based on the description you've made, we can narrow the problem to the drivers.
Go to Nvidia drivers download page and get the latest driver for your card.
In case the bug was corrected in the latest driver, then you are lucky.
If not you must submit the error to Nvidia in order to include a patch in the nest driver.

Aug 10, 2024
OK.
Based on the description you've made, we can narrow the problem to the drivers.
Go to Nvidia drivers download page and get the latest driver for your card.
In case the bug was corrected in the latest driver, then you are lucky.
If not you must submit the error to Nvidia in order to include a patch in the nest driver.
The problem is, i did get latest versions of the driver. First normally, then using DDU, i even did a clean install of windows(i'm on win 11). The issue didn't go away. i also didn't see reports of others having this issue. But i will try nvidia support route.

Last edited:

Imperat0r

Proper
Apr 19, 2024
The crashes are a combination of hardware mix + those drivers.
It is very likely that your particular combination of hardware where you add the driver cand lead to that crash.
That is why you must submit the log of those crashes to nvidia.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Hi @Shadling
Can you run Msi Afterburner, slide the power limit all the way down - make sure the temperature limit doesn't slide down with it by clicking on the chain link icon - and run the games again?
Don't worry about the lowered performance - curious to know if a crash will still happen.

Aug 10, 2024
Hi @Shadling
Can you run Msi Afterburner, slide the power limit all the way down - make sure the temperature limit doesn't slide down with it by clicking on the chain link icon - and run the games again?
Don't worry about the lowered performance - curious to know if a crash will still happen.
To be clear: you want me to slide fan power limit all the way down?
Edit:Nwm, stupid question, will try and post results