Austin Urbanski

Prominent
Mar 18, 2019
So I just got an rtx 2080 super (EVGA black gaming edition) and while playing games like apex legends and pubg its getting 80 degrees C and its fairly loud. im not running any other background software and i havent overclocked the card yet. is the cooler on the card broken because although it is a 2080 super I dont believe that it should be getting this hot. Also im only running a 240hz, 1080p monitor so its not like im trying to run the card at 4k. just want to know in case i need to return it.

Solution
80 C Temp value is not a very dangerous value to worry much about. It is still within safe temp limits. Try to create a custom FAN profile via the MSI Afterburner tool, and also check the airflow inside your ATX cabinet.

The max GPU temp is 89 C, after which the GPU will throttle down the clocks as a safety measure. 80 is also slightly high, but it's not an alarming value, IMO.

Use the MSI AB tool to make a fan profile for any temp value you want.
80 C Temp value is not a very dangerous value to worry much about. It is still within safe temp limits. Try to create a custom FAN profile via the MSI Afterburner tool, and also check the airflow inside your ATX cabinet.

The max GPU temp is 89 C, after which the GPU will throttle down the clocks as a safety measure. 80 is also slightly high, but it's not an alarming value, IMO.

Last edited:
Solution

Austin Urbanski

Prominent
Mar 18, 2019

Ok thank you I’ll try that and hopefully it helps.