Aug 11, 2020
I have been planning on building a computer for quite a long time now, but a new problem just came to my mind, BIOS

I plan on using the Ryzen 1600AF CPU along with the Asrock ab350 motherboard, so I would like to ask, is there any way to know if the bios will be compatible? Is there any website I can refer to or any of you guys who also chose this combination? Thanks in advance

Solution
There is no way to know unless you know what BIOS version is already installed on the motherboard. If you know the exact BIOS version then you can easily look at the CPU support list to see if that CPU is supported by the current BIOS or if a newer one is required. Unless the motherboard was bought recently, through a high volume retailer like Amazon or Newegg, or has been updated after purchase, then it's very likely it will not support the CPU without a BIOS update. If it is new, and not yet purchased, you can always inquire with the retailer or seller.
There is no way to know unless you know what BIOS version is already installed on the motherboard. If you know the exact BIOS version then you can easily look at the CPU support list to see if that CPU is supported by the current BIOS or if a newer one is required. Unless the motherboard was bought recently, through a high volume retailer like Amazon or Newegg, or has been updated after purchase, then it's very likely it will not support the CPU without a BIOS update. If it is new, and not yet purchased, you can always inquire with the retailer or seller.

Solution