[SOLVED] is my i7-4790 ok at 79 C?

Basinho0211

Prominent
Apr 6, 2020
Hi! I have a old 6 year old gaming pc, and when ever I play the brand new Microsoft Flight Simulator, my cpu temps reach 79 C (For a short time, usually reaches that temp 4 times in one session) but my pc never ran intensive games like this for its lifetime, is it ok?

Solution
It’s a compact asus prebuilt, it’s a Asus ROG G20aj, only thing that I changed was upgrading the gtx 780 to a gtx 1060.

That's a pretty small case with less than perfect airflow. I wouldn't be surprised to see those CPU temps with a stock cooler. And the GTX 1060 may be working the CPU a bit harder than the GTX 780 did at times.
Don't forget to clean out the air intakes/exhausts along with any dust that the cooler has accumulated.

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2012
It’s a compact asus prebuilt, it’s a Asus ROG G20aj, only thing that I changed was upgrading the gtx 780 to a gtx 1060.

That's a pretty small case with less than perfect airflow. I wouldn't be surprised to see those CPU temps with a stock cooler. And the GTX 1060 may be working the CPU a bit harder than the GTX 780 did at times.
Don't forget to clean out the air intakes/exhausts along with any dust that the cooler has accumulated.

Reactions: SamirD
Solution