Question Is my maximum GPU temperature okay?

qlamunja

Commendable
May 10, 2022
So I have been monitoring GPU temperature via hwinfo and I have noticed that an average temperature is somewhere between 50-54 and maximum is 65 and 67 was the highest it ever got (I'd assume it is during heavy load since I mostly play bethesda games and recently fo4 was a mess when it comes to performance). Should I be concerned or is it below normal? and what temps are normal for gpu during gaming anyway?

an average temperature is somewhere between 50-54 and maximum is 65 and 67 was the highest it ever got
if you mean you are idling at 50+° with nothing going on that is higher than i would allow, but not dangerous in any way whatsoever.
i usually aim for ~30-35° while the system is idling or in low usage scenarios.

reaching 65-67° with max loads is pretty average these days.
i try to keep mine ~60° max, but again what you are seeing is nowhere near dangerous.

Reactions: madaraosenpai

qlamunja

Commendable
May 10, 2022
if you mean you are idling at 50+° with nothing going on that is higher than i would allow, but not dangerous in any way whatsoever.
i usually aim for ~30-35° while the system is idling or in low usage scenarios.

reaching 65-67° with max loads is pretty average these days.
i try to keep mine ~60° max, but again what you are seeing is nowhere near dangerous.
when idle it's just like that, around 30c

madaraosenpai

Honorable
Oct 27, 2018
As long as you aren't peaking above 80 celcius you are probably fine. 90+ is the danger zone. Newer GPUs are becoming more tolerant to heat. And prolonged overheating is more dangerous, if you peak above the 80° threshold rarely but don't stay above it then you're probably going to be fine.

For a much older card (pre Kepler) you definitely want to stay below 70.