Question Is my monitor busted?

Grush

Prominent
Jul 2, 2021
I've had this monitor, an AOC Q27G2U, for about a year and it sometimes does this(pic related) when I alt tab out of a game or change refresh rate. Speaking of refresh rate it does this(gif related) at 144mhz and i switched to 120 and it was fine for awhile but now it is doing it on 120 too. I have a dual display setup, the second one had no issue and if i change from DP to HDMI nothing changes, my GPU is a GTX 1660. I also bought a new mouse, a Steelseries rival 3, and for some reason it slows down randomly for a splitsecond and i've done all that google suggested to it but nothing worked. Is it tied to the monitor issue or i just have the worst luck when it comes to electronics?

htOuXkL.jpg

View: https://media.giphy.com/media/1nmAnmT94GlyWHqASK/giphy.gif

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Have you tried hooking the afflicted panel to another system in your house or at your friend's or neighbors house(one that can go to 144Hz)? Perhaps try and uninstall your GPU drivers, using DDU then manually reinstall with the latest GPU drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Make and model of your PSU and it's age? Make and model of your motherboard? Does your motherboard have any BIOS updates pending?

Grush

Prominent
Jul 2, 2021
Have you tried hooking the afflicted panel to another system in your house or at your friend's or neighbors house(one that can go to 144Hz)? Perhaps try and uninstall your GPU drivers, using DDU then manually reinstall with the latest GPU drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Make and model of your PSU and it's age? Make and model of your motherboard? Does your motherboard have any BIOS updates pending?
I haven't tried on a different system because i don't have one neaby that can do 144. My motherboard is a Gygabyte B450 pro and my PSU is a 650W Corsair both are about 2 years old. Not sure about any pending Bios updates.

Grush

Prominent
Jul 2, 2021
Corsair is the brand of the unit, while 6509W is the advertised wattage of the unit, what is the model of said unit?
My bad, i checked the box, It's 750W. Corsair CX750M
I'll try the DDU removal later today and post the results

Last edited: