Oct 9, 2020
Okay so today putting my pc to sleep I went to buy few veggies. Returned home and realise due to some issue my wifi router blew. Cracked it open and realise a resister inside it blew somehow. Now my hands reached on power button of my pc to wake it back up and nothing happened. I tried everything from checking if my PSU is working (it's working just fine) to clearing cmos and it my pc won't boot up. Can anyone help me to determine what's wrong?

Motherboard seems undamaged from outside. Before when it was in working condition, when I used to switch on the wall switch to power pc, 2 leds on motherboard use to glow and shutdown but it doesn't seem to happen now.

So is my motherboard dead or this is something more?

x2bc4

Distinguished
May 11, 2010
Okay so today putting my pc to sleep I went to buy few veggies. Returned home and realise due to some issue my wifi router blew. Cracked it open and realise a resister inside it blew somehow. Now my hands reached on power button of my pc to wake it back up and nothing happened. I tried everything from checking if my PSU is working (it's working just fine) to clearing cmos and it my pc won't boot up. Can anyone help me to determine what's wrong?

Motherboard seems undamaged from outside. Before when it was in working condition, when I used to switch on the wall switch to power pc, 2 leds on motherboard use to glow and shutdown but it doesn't seem to happen now.

So is my motherboard dead or this is something more?
You can follow a procedure to diagnose the board, but i guess if you post a picture of the resister it will help to understand a bit more. Anyway, start by doing a visual inspection (better if you can take it out of the case) to try to figure if the resistor came from the board and if so take a picture also to the area where you think it was.