Question Is my motherboard faulty?

Aug 22, 2024
Hello I've ordered all new parts for a upgraded build I'm doing I have the lga 12400f CPU and MSI pro h610m-e motherboard I set everything up outside the case and got a solid orange light next to the ram slot I took back the ram sticks thinking it could be that inserted fresh new ram and same thing reseated CPU GPU no signal put pc stays powered on with orange solid light but no post do you think it could be a motherboard issue?

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
H610 is barebones chipset, so, it being MoBo issue, is quite likely. Another issue could be CPU, since the orange light doesn't tell exactly what the issue is. It only tells that CPU can not communicate with the RAM through the MoBo.
Since you tried 2nd set or RAM, RAM itself is ruled out as an issue. Btw, better to test with 1 stick at a time.

Aug 22, 2024
H610 is barebones chipset, so, it being MoBo issue, is quite likely. Another issue could be CPU, since the orange light doesn't tell exactly what the issue is. It only tells that CPU can not communicate with the RAM through the MoBo.
Since you tried 2nd set or RAM, RAM itself is ruled out as an issue. Btw, better to test with 1 stick at a time.
Thank you for the reply I tested each ram stick one at a time still nothing I was thinking either motherboard or CPU issue after researching the orange light yesterday I have a new motherboard coming so hopefully that fixes it if not I'll send back the CPU