Is My PC Bottlenecked?

Extinkgunkiller

Prominent
Aug 7, 2017
I try to play PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS with a frame rate of 15-30 and it is not a constant one. It drops all the time high to low. It does the same thing with csgo, tom clancy rainbow six seige and pay day 2. I am willing to upgrade my pc parts i just need to know which one. I am sure my pc is not using its hardware to the fullest potential. any suggestions??

I play on 1920x1080 on pubg with all my graphics on very low and it is still bad.

My PC Components:

~Intel - Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor

~Gigabyte - GA-B85M-DS3H-A Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

~Corsair - Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

~Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

~EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB GAMING Video Card

~Corsair - Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

Hardware Brad

Notable
Jul 24, 2017
I guess the biggest question is what resolution you are playing at. If you are trying to play at 4k, that is probably normal, at 1080p you should not have any issues.

Also keep in mind that PUBG is very poorly optimized and runs poorly on any system, you may need to dial back the graphic settings a bit.

Very good point, don't know why but I assumed 1080p

Nothing really wrong with that machine.

If you wanted more performance then an upgrade to an i7 would be warranted.

An SSD would be a nice performance boast also.

A graphics card upgrade in the future once the prices come back down to earth to a GTX 1070.

Extinkgunkiller

Prominent
Aug 7, 2017
I figured out the problem a wire was in the way of my cpu fan. So it was over heating. The temp was 90 degrees celcuis. I moved the wire and now my pc runs smooth as a babies ass.