Is my RAM slot dead or cn it be saved?

btt08

Commendable
Jan 26, 2019
Hello everyone, i'll try to make it quick

I upgraded my PC last year and i was planning on using my old hardware to make a computer for the living room, but i run into some problems

First off, the motherboard is an Asus P8P67 PRO with an i7 2600k and 4x8GB Ripjaws Z.

When i put the ram in, the computer didn't start, it had a red led on. Cheking the manual i realized it was the ram led. I tried with one stick of ram and it didn't work in any slot.
Googling about the issue i found that the motherboard has a button to fix ram problems or something like that.

I followed the instructions and all 4 ram sticks worked in 3 out of 4 slots. Now, the closest to the CPU does not work even after doing the button thing. If i put any stick there, i doesn't boot, no signal, no bios, nothing. It behaves like the other ones before i did the button thing.

One weird thing is that the memoriy is 1600mhz, but the bios was picking some of them as 833 and others as 1066. I managed to make it 1600 manually.

All hardware worked when i upgraded the system.

Is there anything i can do to fix it or is it dead? Maybe some program to check hardware or something?

Thank you very much in advance for you time

btt08

Commendable
Jan 26, 2019
The hardware i upgraded to has nothing to do with it. Like i said, this is a different computer and it was all working. Motherboard and CPU worked for 7 years and the RAM worked for 5 years, so yeah, thats not the problem

I upgraded to an 8700k, Z370 and DDR4. Not "adding extra memory"