Question Is my Ryzen 5 3600X processor CinebenchR23 multi-core score low?

Jul 25, 2024
Hello, I put my 3600x processor through the CinebenchR23 multi-core test and my score was 8500. A few people on the internet asked if I was experiencing ‘Throttle’ because they said my score was below the normal 3600. Is this true, am I experiencing what is called Throttle, and what should I do if I am.

CPB and PBO were on during the test.

Lutfij

Titan
Just an FYI, thermal throttling won't happen at 75 Deg C. You should be having about 9,500 on your score.

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Jul 25, 2024
Just an FYI, thermal throttling won't happen at 75 Deg C. You should be having about 9,500 on your score.

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X
CPU Cooler: Peerless Assassin 120 Black
Motherboard: MSI B450M-A PRO MAX
Ram: G.Skill Ripjawsv 16 GB (2x8 GB) 3200MHz DDR4
SSD: Kingston A2000 500gb 2200/2000mb/s
GPU: XFX Swift 6700 XT
Chassis: I don't know exactly what this word means, but I think you are asking about my case model. MSI Vampiric 010m. There are 5 extra fans of Arcitc brand inside.
Monitor: Dell G2722HS 27
PSU: Cooler Master 650 watt bronze
BIOS Version: E7C52AMS.3GO
Except for the GPU,coole and monitor, I can say that most of the remaining parts have completed their 3 years.

Jul 27, 2024
1.47V is a pretty high voltage to be running a CPU at. Your CPU probably degraded over time. Also, not all specimens of a CPU can score the same as the ones in reviews. Some have slightly worse silicon already out of the factory.

It's close enough to "what it should be", so I wouldn't really worry about it.

Jul 25, 2024
If I am not mistaken, processors are not easily broken, on what basis exactly did you assume that it was broken ?
1.47V is a pretty high voltage to be running a CPU at. Your CPU probably degraded over time. Also, not all specimens of a CPU can score the same as the ones in reviews. Some have slightly worse silicon already out of the factory.

It's close enough to "what it should be", so I wouldn't really worry about it.

Jul 27, 2024
If I am not mistaken, processors are not easily broken, on what basis exactly did you assume that it was broken ?

I didn't say it was broken...

All processors lose some performance over time, and also they don't all start from the same baseline even if they are the same model of processor, there can be significant differences in performance straight out of the factory.

But anyway, you should probably not worry about it.

Reactions: Nikelat