Question Is my video card broken?

julimendez5393

Honorable
May 28, 2018
Hi,
The other day the my PSU made a noise and then my PC shutdown. I bought a new PSU, a Gamer Thermaltake Smart Bx1 750w 80 Plus Bronze.

Now, from time to time when I'm playing or doing anything the videocards' fans starts in a high speed and my screen shutdown and I must restart the computer to get signal again from de video card.

I have this on my pc right now,
I7 7700k
1060 geforce gtx 6GB dual
Asrock z270 Taichi LGA1151
Gamer Thermaltake Smart Bx1 750w 80 Plus Bronze

Is my video card broken? What else could it be?

Iver Hicarte

Distinguished
May 7, 2016
Install a GPU monitor software like MSI Afterburner, your GPU May be throttling and overheating. Check its temps and frequency, also look at its voltage, it could be using too much or too few voltage. How old is your GPU by the way?

julimendez5393

Honorable
May 28, 2018
Install a GPU monitor software like MSI Afterburner, your GPU May be throttling and overheating. Check its temps and frequency, also look at its voltage, it could be using too much or too few voltage. How old is your GPU by the way?

Hi bro, I installed msi afterburner, what should I see here?

I have a 4000 mhz memory frecuency

1200mhz gpu frecuency but it was spikes to 1500
volt 0mv
t between 60 and 70 while playing sometimes more, sometimes less

Iver Hicarte

Distinguished
May 7, 2016
Hi bro, I installed msi afterburner, what should I see here?

I have a 4000 mhz memory frecuency

1200mhz gpu frecuency but it was spikes to 1500
volt 0mv
t between 60 and 70 while playing sometimes more, sometimes less
You're gonna have to do some trial and error and stress testing. Increase the voltage by 50 increments and each time you apply the setting run a benchmark, if it's stable then you're good, if it's not, lower down your voltage by 50 increments and run a benchmark again. If it results too artifacts even if you just applied your first addition of 50 increments to the voltage, then subtract 50 increments on the default value, you're GPU may be lacking voltage then run a benchmark. We don't know for certain if your GPU is lacking voltage or is using too much of it. Tedious process but you're gonna have to do it.

TRENDING THREADS