Is my Windows corrupted?

seventyfivecents

Honorable
May 12, 2012
Over the past 2 days my computer has been crashing to the point where I have to manually turn it off. This usually occurs during fullscreen activities (playing games, watching videos) but has occurred twice when trying to open a video in a new tab. Sometimes it just keeps a still image of whatever was on screen, but other times it creates a massively distorted image of what was on screen (pic attached below). The audio seems to be a loop of what was playing when it crashed.

Upon reboot, I have access to the BIOS and the 1st windows 10 loading screen appears. It then shows distorted blue dots randomly on a mostly black screen. I then restart it again and again until it takes me to the windows troubleshooting screen, where I select to boot normally, and after a long black screen it finally boots up normally.

I have not heard any mechanical noises from my HDD. There was, however, a moment when my fans started up to max speed for no reason (my temps are fine), when the computer crashed. All my data seems to be intact, but I have not been able to play Saint's Row 3 (Don't know about others, too afraid to try).

Any explanations or help will be appreciated.

Specs:
i7 4770k @3.5
ASUS Z87 PLUS
Corsair 16GB @1600MHz
Corsair HX 750
EVGA GTX 780 SC
Windows 10 Professional

Distorted Screen

Solution
Have you cleaned inside case and made sure fans aren't dusty as it could be heat
Have you tried running on integrated graphics on motherboard and see if its the same
Have you got latest BIOS for motherboard?

try running memtest86 on ram sticks as freezing could be the ram. Test 1 stick at a time, any errors means stick needs to be removed/replaced.

that sure is an interesting screen:
mDlxe1B.jpg

Colif

Win 11 Master
Have you cleaned inside case and made sure fans aren't dusty as it could be heat
Have you tried running on integrated graphics on motherboard and see if its the same
Have you got latest BIOS for motherboard?

try running memtest86 on ram sticks as freezing could be the ram. Test 1 stick at a time, any errors means stick needs to be removed/replaced.

that sure is an interesting screen:
mDlxe1B.jpg

Solution