Is Nintendo Finally Developing For Android, iOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoxasForTheWin

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013
This annoys me, but I can understand why Nintendo has made this decision. Let's just hope that none of the main franchises get watered down or become crappy IAP cash grabs.

ksharp25

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
I play a few games from DeNA and they do a decent job with their games. They handled the Star Wars property and a few others ok. But look, lets face it. ALL mobile apps are IAP cash grabs...you can SLOWLY earn your gems, coins etc overtime ginding them out in game.....or you can CC PTW powerup.

washmc

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2014
"The company insisted that premium content belongs on PREMIUM HARDWARE such as the Wii U console."

Yes because the original Wii was totally premium hardware :p

PaulBags

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2015
Any decent mobile game (or especially emulated older games) gets kinda ruined by sticking your fingers over what you need to be seeing in order control anything.

So with that said, here's hoping they'll get into some hardware too, with at least a bluetooth controller that either any phone clamps into, or cases-and-hopefully-my-phone-gets-one.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
"The company insisted that premium content belongs on PREMIUM HARDWARE such as the Wii U console."

of the current consoles its the only one worth owning... and thats solely due to content.

Mr Soup

Reputable
Feb 4, 2015
I'm no fan of android/IOS gaming. There are a few gems out there but mostly crap.

That being said, however, I am a big supporter of Nintendo. My thinking is let the world have Mario Runner, Flappy Bird Luigi edition, and Metroid Mobile M. If it creates a new revenue stream for Nintendo and they make millions off of casual "gamers" so be it.

Hopefully some of that additional revenue will be used to create the next great home system or the next 3DS or whatever. Nintendo has hands down the best first party games in the industry. I doubt I will play many of their Android/IOS offerings but I think it could help their real product line in the long run.

zblade

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2011
Bring on Mario Dash, Toad Crush, Yoshi Jump! But seriously, if Nintendo does not follow the crowd (which they normally dont) and put some serious effort to make something good on the mobile, I think it will definitely bring in some extra cash for them.

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006

of the current consoles its the only one worth owning... and thats solely due to content.
That's where your wrong none of them are worth owning...and thats solely due to content...and thats soley due to dated retro upon release hardware! If Nintendo wants to make a real splash they should start making PC games.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
I can see it now. A Mario game that's free to play but you cannot get the good power ups unless you buy them with real money.

There goes the Shell suit and Hammer brothers suit. :-(

cirdecus

Distinguished

That's where your wrong none of them are worth owning...and thats solely due to content...and thats soley due to dated retro upon release hardware! If Nintendo wants to make a real splash they should start making PC games.

The content is actually amazing. Once you play Wii U games, you'll find yourself having a much different gaming experience than sitting on Xbox Live or the PC. Mario Kart, Mario 3D world, captain toad and even the remake of Zelda WindWaker are amazing games.

Not to mention the ability to turn off the TV and talk upstairs to another room and continue playing on the fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.