Is Obama afraid of Putin?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

+1. I agree. This is none of America's business. We need to stay out of the Ukraine and entire situation.

I was not entirely surprised to hear this news. It seems to me that Crimea wants to succede and become a part of Russia. And, that's what this vote and referendum indicate; the people of the Crimea region are exercising their sovereignty and choosing to become part of the Russian Federation. I would argue that the Russian forces went into the Crimea as a precursor to the succession movement to ensure stability during the transition and prevent an all out war between Russian forces and opposing Ukrainian forces.

The BBC news and American media are egregiously bias in their reporting of the Ukrainian situation. You need to really look at the history of the Ukraine beyond the 1994 and 2009 agreements to understand that Crimeans are, have been, and will always consider themselves ethic Russians. We can and should keep out it, regardless of what the 1994 and 2009 agreements are. I would agree with you that America needs to live up to the 1994 and 2009 agreements IF the Crimean's did not want to succeed and willingly be part of the Russian Federation.

This is a Crimean succession movement. Obama, Kerry, and Hillary are grossly on the wrong side of the issue and blinded by their own ideology. They claim the current succession movement in America is unconstitutional and are applying that same standard to another nation. What they are really practicing is American imperialism. Much like if the people of California, Colorado, and Maryland want to split their States and succeed, the Ukraine should be allowed to do the same. The notion and stump speeches by Obama, Kerry, and Hillary about promoting democracy is a ruse for protecting the interests of the European Union and less about actually promoting democracy and protecting the Crimean people.

The BBC and American media are reaching hard, fast, and deep to find an signs of aggression by the Russian military, but by all indications, Putin is exercising the 1997 agreement as a precursor for the Ukraine to succeed and become part of the Russian Federation. But if you notice, there are only claims of "warning shots" and "intimidation" of unarmed Ukrainian soldiers by Russian forces. This is not the Great Russian Bear storming Nazi style (as indicated by Hillary) into the Ukraine as reported by the BBC, American media, and by Obama's, Kerry's, and Hillary's hubris would lead us to believe.

Ironically, the statement of Putin's Nazi style tactics as talked by Hillary are the exact opposite of reality. According to reports, the protesters in Ukraine are rife with anti-Semitic groups and fascist leanings. How ironic that America would oppose a legitimate move by the Ukrainian people and government to join the Russian Federation and America supporting the opposition with fascist leanings. Again, any notion of republicanism in America is dead in the eyes of Obama, Kerry, Hillary, RINO's, and all the war-hawks.

Much like many other issues, Obama and his Administration will be written in the history books to be on the wrong side of the Ukrainian succession.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
I know one thing why are we offering 1 billion dollars to Ukraine while our people in the states are confronted with poverty and our children mostly the poor go to sleep hungry every night.Worry about your own back yard I say!

I knew from some of your past comments that you already agreed on some of my post, and I agree that actually getting world trust back would be a good thing.

Getting into a situation past negotiations however is what I don't agree with, they can talk, talk, talk, and apply whatever sanctions they want but when the blood is filling the streets, leave our soldiers out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.