[SOLVED] Is RTX 2070 Super temperature 80°C ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tex-Twil

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2007
Hi,
I have the Asus GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER card and it's runing at 83C when under load. The fans are at around 1880 RPM. According to some reviews, the 2070 super should be running at around 70C

I know I could use MSI Afterburner to set a custom temp/fan curve but I was expecting less heat with a stock fan setting.

Any tips?

The rest of my rig is:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 GAMING X ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Turbo EVO Video Card
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case

Solution
That review is for GAMING X TRIO model, not your card. You have a blower-style cooler GPU, which tends to become a bit hot than other CUSTOM AIB models.

How is the airflow inside your Tower cabinet ? 80 C is still a safe temp limit. Don't worry. Try to put some intake/exhaust fans on your ATX cabinet. The GAMING X TRIO card is having a triple-fan PCB cooling.
That review is for GAMING X TRIO model, not your card. You have a blower-style cooler GPU, which tends to become a bit hot than other CUSTOM AIB models.

How is the airflow inside your Tower cabinet ? 80 C is still a safe temp limit. Don't worry. Try to put some intake/exhaust fans on your ATX cabinet. The GAMING X TRIO card is having a triple-fan PCB cooling.

Last edited:
Solution

Tex-Twil

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2007
ok thanks

My case has a back exhaust and front intake. I have one spare 120mm fan so I'll add another front intake to see if that helps a bit.

You have a blower-style cooler GPU, which tends to become a bit hot than other CUSTOM AIB models.

hmm ok, I wasn't aware of this and I took this card just because it was available. I guess I could return and replace it as I'm concerned about the noise and other card indeed run cooler

cheers

Reactions: Metal Messiah.

w1418826

Honorable
Mar 25, 2015

How is the airflow inside your Tower cabinet ? 80 C is still a safe temp limit. Don't worry. TRy to put some intake/exhaust fans on your ATX cabinet.

If I can join this conversation, I just put in a 2080 super into my case and noticed the glass panel gets very hot now. The gpu temp during games has stayed in the 60-65 degree range which seems ok and cpu temps are in the mid 50's. but my question is how bad is it I have an intake fan on the top of the case, I'm worried its pushing/keeping the hot air inside.. I have a 240 aio in the front as intake, an exhaust in the back and one intake, one exhaust on the top. I wanted another intake but could not fit it in the front with the radiator. If I changed the top intake to exhaust would the radiator fans in the front be enough intake for the case?

If I can join this conversation, I just put in a 2080 super into my case and noticed the glass panel gets very hot now. The gpu temp during games has stayed in the 60-65 degree range which seems ok and cpu temps are in the mid 50's. but my question is how bad is it I have an intake fan on the top of the case, I'm worried its pushing/keeping the hot air inside.. I have a 240 aio in the front as intake, an exhaust in the back and one intake, one exhaust on the top. I wanted another intake but could not fit it in the front with the radiator. If I changed the top intake to exhaust would the radiator fans in the front be enough intake for the case?

Hello,

You have a slightly different query than the OP. So it would be much better if you create your own topic/thread, under this forum section/CASES. I don't have that much experience with ATX cabinets, tbh, but I think you shouldn't have an intake fan at least on the top of your chassis/cabinet.

Anyways, please try asking here:

https://forums.tomshardware.com/forums/cases.77/

Sep 15, 2019
I am having similar problem with my rtx 2070, its reaching high temps and even beginning to have a clangy metal sound when i run games, i installed a temp software and it reaches 80s

My system is very similar to yours, fans on front back and top as well. This only happens when running games. Have you figured out anything?

Ps my computer is 2 weeks old

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS