Is Samsung S6 Edge worth it?

Yonose

Distinguished
Hello, i got a friend that won the Samsung S6 Edge in a competition, he isent any Android person so he want to sell it.

So im wondering if the Samsung S6 Edge 32GB (gold) is worth the price.
It cost around 7695kr here in norway ($940).

Is there other phones out there that can beat the samsung with the price and performance?
I mostly use the phone for gaming and social media, dont think the edge will be much of a problem for my use.

Shaina11

Honorable
Apr 23, 2014
It depends upon your preference. Honestly? I don't like the S6, in my opinion Samsung ruined a perfectly good phone by ditching the removable battery and MicroSD slot. If you don't use those then it shouldn't be a problem. I'd probably either go with the older Galaxy S5, or the HTC One M9.

Yonose

Distinguished

Alright, well i already have a HTC One M7, but it got so many bugs for some reason, i dont know if its the phone or just general bugs with the m7, i did like the HTC One m7 tho, expect the bugs ofc..

yimmi

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
well the s6 is a great phone indeed but the money you give is not worth it,htc is true that makes solid devices,check also the new moto devices,i don't know if you get the s6 in a good price from your friend go for it else not worth it stick with your m7 with a custom rom it is a great phone

Yonose

Distinguished
Ye, well i get it for $730 even that i think its still expensive.

But im not going for Motorola if that was the one you were thinking of, i have tought of the Project Ara, since it seems interesting, but i gotta look more into it.

What custom rom, is it some sort of redesigned icons?

Shaina11

Honorable
Apr 23, 2014
I know someone who has the HTC One M9, and they love it. So far it doesn't seem like they've had a problem with it, and the speakers sound great.

Edit:
Definition of Custom ROM (My Understanding):
Basically, a custom ROM is a customized version of the Android operating system, though to my knowledge it requires your device to be rooted in order to flash it. I don't know too much about it, just enough to be dangerous....

yimmi may have a more detailed explanation.

Yonose

Distinguished
I did try Go Launcher, i think that was the name, and i think that was some sort of a Custom ROM, but i dident have to root my phone or something.
Just had to download it from Google Play which had good reviews and it was all set.

yimmi

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
well custom roms like cyanogenmod give you a more vanilla feeling,you don't use all this bloatware that the manufacturer offers(touchwiz for example,samsung apps),so you basically have a phone to do it whatever you like it and install- uninstall whatever you like also,flashing rom though leaves you without warranty(except the nexus devices) but as i said for a device that no longer has warranty like your m7 a custom rom is something that will boost your phone definetely,there is basically a 99.9 percent to succesfully flash your phone it is not something dangerous as it is heard around