Question Is Sleeper Build Future Proof?

markgerardpelaez

Prominent
Nov 7, 2018
Ive been thinking about buying a super old case to mod the hell out of it and throw a thousand dollars in it. You know those old case where there' only one intake on the side and one exhaust at the back? But, before I do this and spend money, time and effort, can my components last 2 to 5 years inside a case like this? Im planning to do some AIO at the front of the case if the clearance inside will permit. Will this be okay? Ive been trying to search for a forum where it will answer this but, all I see is, it's not practical and only for show. Let's remove the word practical and replace it with, safe. Are my components safe if I do this? Or is it really only for show? Thanks guys! 😁

Feb 9, 2020
Do you plan on Liquid cooling your CPU and your GPU? if yes i don't see why it wouldn't be safe however you would also need to use fans to keep your mobo temps down and your Ram module temps down but if you can use the few vents the case does have appropriately by using intake and exhaust methodology to keep the air circulating instead of being stagnant i would imagine it would be perfectly fine. if i were you i would use a closed circuit cpu cooler and either get a hybrid GPU which is water cooled but also has a singular fan on it and then just use a couple of high flow fans.