Is submitting answers to Tom's giving anybody problems?

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
the problem is with tom's and not your pc. happening to everyone right now.

they are working behind the scenes to fix it but it's slow going. they get ti working for a few then it slows down again. for now you just got to deal with it until they get it worked out. it's part of a greater upgrade to the forum itself they have been slowly working on.

just click submit one time and let it go for a minute. usually posts in 30 secs or so. clicking over and over is only going to create multiple posts/threads/votes.

Okay, thanks for that :D

I'll expect a refund shortly.

EDIT: You are aware that Murphy has a warped sense of humor. I posted this answer without issue or wait.

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
MERGED QUESTION
Question from aquielisunari : "Is submitting answers to Tom's giving anybody problems?"

It has been getting worse the past few days , I haven't been posting much , too slow to help.

I just go through the list of new posts, and open up each one I think I could help in a new tab. By the time I'm done, the first tabs have finished loading and I can start reading them immediately. After I type an answer, select everything I've written with ctrl-a, then copy it with ctrl-c. I hit the Answer button to submit it, then immediately switch over to the next tab for the next question. No need to stick around waiting for the website to finish the answer submission.

While I'm working on the next question, when I see the previous tab has finished, I go back to confirm it was submitted properly. If it wasn't, I hit reload (sometimes it accepts the answer but the page fails to load). If my answer isn't present, I'll answer it again, using ctrl-v to paste everything I'd written before.

This is how we used to browse the web back in the days when 3 Mbps Internet was considered fast. And why tabbed browsing was such a big deal when browsers started adopting it. No need to wait for anything.