[SOLVED] Is the 5600x compatible with my system or should I upgrade my mobo to be safe? If so what mobo is best for my system?

Apr 21, 2022
Hello all, I’m looking to upgrade my current CPU to a Ryzen 5 5600x. Some have said my current motherboard is not safe to use with the Ryzen 5 5600x but others have said I will be just fine. If it is not safe for me to use this cpu with my system please suggest me a motherboard that would work well with that new cpu and the rest of my system. Thanks so much for your time.

Link to my current computers parts

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8WCqmr

Solution
I was told that it may have a “VRM” issue since my current board lacks them, I googled it and it is “Voltage Regulator module” so I assume it’s some kind of overpowering problem. Thanks for your reply and let me know your thoughts. I might just go ahead with the CPU as many have said it’s compatible with the bios and if I notice high temps or problems I could just Put it on standby until I can afford a new motherboard. However if the suggested board is cheap enough to be worth it I might just go with that.
It is "safe" enough VRM vise but far from ideal performance vise. Two potential problems.
!. not able to OC and so limited options for optimizing 5000 series Ryzen also due to limited BIOS.
2. All 300 series chipset MBs...

USAFRet

Titan
"not safe"...
What justification did they give for this?

Given the proper BIOS version, it is compatible with your new CPU.

Apr 21, 2022
"not safe"...
What justification did they give for this?

Given the proper BIOS version, it is compatible with your new CPU.
I was told that it may have a “VRM” issue since my current board lacks them, I googled it and it is “Voltage Regulator module” so I assume it’s some kind of overpowering problem. Thanks for your reply and let me know your thoughts. I might just go ahead with the CPU as many have said it’s compatible with the bios and if I notice high temps or problems I could just Put it on standby until I can afford a new motherboard. However if the suggested board is cheap enough to be worth it I might just go with that.

It is "safe" enough VRM vise but far from ideal performance vise. Two potential problems.
!. not able to OC and so limited options for optimizing 5000 series Ryzen also due to limited BIOS.
2. All 300 series chipset MBs have poor memory handling, 3600MHz RAM practically out of question, can be lucky or happy if it gets anywhere close to 3000.
All together you'd be much better off with even cheapest b450 MB that can be had for same and maybe a but more money.

Solution
Apr 21, 2022
2. All 300 series chipset MBs have poor memory handling, 3600MHz RAM practically out of question, can be lucky or happy if it gets anywhere close to 3000.
All together you'd be much better off with even cheapest b450 MB that can be had for same and maybe a but more money.
Thank you for this insight. I’m gonna go ahead with the MSI Tomahawk b450 Max II that was suggested to me by a friend, if you have a different suggestion that’s cheaper and would work please enlighten me. I figured this motherboard really wasn’t great as it’s probably 6 or so years old and came with my original prebuilt, I’ve replaced every component but the motherboard and CPU so a little freaked out to take it all apart but I’m sure with a youtube tutorial or online intruction I’ll get it. Thanks so much

Thank you for this insight. I’m gonna go ahead with the MSI Tomahawk b450 Max II that was suggested to me by a friend, if you have a different suggestion that’s cheaper and would work please enlighten me. I figured this motherboard really wasn’t great as it’s probably 6 or so years old and came with my original prebuilt, I’ve replaced every component but the motherboard and CPU so a little freaked out to take it all apart but I’m sure with a youtube tutorial or online intruction I’ll get it. Thanks so much
That's good decision, you'll have to update BIOS but on that MB it could be done even without CPU.