[SOLVED] Is the graphics card the issue?

Dec 30, 2019
For Christmas the boy wanted a gaming PC. Being the weird dad I thought just the components and build one (not that I have in 30+ years) and learn along the way. So we started with (I may get some of this wrong) a gifted case. 700 watt power supply (no idea maker) MSI x470 gaming plus mother board amd 2700x processor 16 G (2X8) 3200 memory and a MSI gforce 710 graphics card. 500gb SSD and 1tb sata mechanical drive. lots of fans and leds.

Build went ok with a few bumps (bad out of the box power supply). Now his gaming is running very slow. He loaded tom clancy's rainbow siege? and the frame rate was 20 sometimes less. He made it to 40 by changing resolution. He states his ps4 is way faster for the same game and graphics resolution.

Thoughts?

Solution
The graphics card is extremely slow.
I would be upgrading the graphics card.
That CPU is so fast that you could upgrade to just about any graphics card out there.
Dec 30, 2019
For Christmas the boy wanted a gaming PC. Being the weird dad I thought just the components and build one (not that I have in 30+ years) and learn along the way. So we started with (I may get some of this wrong) a gifted case. 700 watt power supply (no idea maker) MSI x470 gaming plus mother board amd 2700x processor 16 G (2X8) 3200 memory and a MSI gforce 710 graphics card. 500gb SSD and 1tb sata mechanical drive. lots of fans and leds.

Build went ok with a few bumps (bad out of the box power supply). Now his gaming is running very slow. He loaded tom clancy's rainbow siege? and the frame rate was 20 sometimes less. He made it to 40 by changing resolution. He states his ps4 is way faster for the same game and graphics resolution.

Thoughts?
Thanks guys. It appears the consensus is dad has to spend more money. LOL It's ok. Now any idea what specs to look for. I'm a numbers weenie. to answer the question I saw. He is running 1080 X 1980?? those numbers seems familiar.