Question Is the Nvidia GTX 750 Ti good with AMD FX-6100 (overclocked to 3.4ghz) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

janesiako5

Prominent
Sep 24, 2022
Current specs:
motherboard: gigabyte ga-78-lmt usb 3.0 ref 6.0
power supply: akyga ak-b1-550w (i understand its a blacklisted power supply but it have 288w at 12v power line.)
gpu: nvidia (msi edition) geforce gt 630 4gb
cpu: amd FX-6100 (overclocked to 3.4ghz)

Is that gonna be a good upgrade to gtx 750 Ti and will my PSU hold this?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
There's no easy answer to that man. It'll probably run fine to begin with but who knows what'll happen. Could last years or perhaps weeks or days. 750Ti isn't that demanding so im guessing you'll be alright, at least till you swap psu out for something better.

Reactions: artk2219

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
It'll work, but I'm not sure I'd call it good. The PSU is so low quality that I'd be scared to use it under any circumstances, even when it theoretically has enough power; I certainly would make the sure the PC is off before I left the house.

But if you want to play basic games from 2012 and earlier, the CPU and GPU are up to the challenge. If that's good for your, then the PC is good (except the PSU). If you're hoping to play modern AAA titles, on the other hand, this would be abysmal.

Current specs:
motherboard: gigabyte ga-78-lmt usb 3.0 ref 6.0
power supply: akyga ak-b1-550w (i understand its a blacklisted power supply but it have 288w at 12v power line.)
gpu: nvidia (msi edition) geforce gt 630 4gb
cpu: amd FX-6100 (overclocked to 3.4ghz)

Is that gonna be a good upgrade to gtx 750 Ti and will my PSU hold this?
personally depends on what you consider good

if the 750 ti is free then yes its a better upgrade if your buying it keep your money and get a better psu.

if your hell bent on using the psu i would say you may get away with a rx 6400 as thats the same power requirement as a 750 ti

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
@janesiako5

a GTX 750 ti is certainly an improvement from your GT 630. Your cpu and gpu should be good enough for DOTA, Csgo, and other low resource games at 720p. However, it probably won't be good for most of the newer and more demanding games.

what games do you plan to play with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS