Is the Palamino really out?

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
on price watch I found advertised "Athlon (Tbird) 1.33GHZ 3DNow! Socket A 256K Cache 266Mhz FSB. (Tbird) 60 day dealer warranty (*New Palamino chip) Direct from AMD, FREE shirt Available"
the site selling this product is: http://www.componentsdirect.com/home.htm
the site also does not reflect the $188 that pricewatch had. I placed an order because even if it isn't a palamino $188 still is almost the lowest price, not to mention free shirt and 60 day warranty instead of 30 day (like that matters though). Do you guys really think I'm going to recieve a Palamino chip? this is the only company on pricewatch that claims to have the Palamino BTW.

G

2 weeks ~

--call it what you wish, with this machine I can make mercury flow in 3 directions at once--

pvsurfer

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2001
Sorry to have to tell you this, but I don't believe you will receive a Palomino - at least not for a couple of months!

Every report I've come across has indicated that the desktop Palomino would not be released until July (at the very earliest).

G

I don't know why it says that, because earlier in the ad it says, "Athlon (Tbird) 1.33GHZ 3DNow! Socket A 256K Cache 266Mhz FSB. (Tbird)" Looks like you got a Thunderbird. I have no idea why it says its a Palamino.

Aklein

It's raining outside, and my lawn has grown a foot overnight!

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Eh, beats me. I get a free T-shirt and it was cheap. I really can't do much except sue for false advertising, but its just a processor I really don't care to go that far.
Unless you know of something better I should do go ahead and tell me

IntelConvert

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2001
Unless you know of something better I should do go ahead and tell me
If you can hold out until Jul-Aug, I suggest cancelling the order and then getting a real A4 (if you need a t-shirt, just buy one)!

As a bonus, this summer we will see better performing DDR motherboards become available as well.