[SOLVED] Is the Samsung C27HG70 any good?

SpoonyBardIV

Prominent
Dec 19, 2019
I've been in the market for a new monitor lately. I just finished my very first PC build with an RTX 2070 Super, and I'm looking to upgrade to a new 1440p monitor to replace my old HP 2009m TN monitor that I'm currently using. I've looked at a few different monitors, and I've decided that I don't want another TN (Oh, God... The dull colors...), and I don't particularly want an IPS, because of the awful IPS glow and backlight bleed. That leaves me with only VA monitors to choose from. I've been looking into two VA monitors in particular, being the Aorus CV27Q and the Samsung C27HG70 (The 27" CHG70), and I'm currently leaning in favor of the Samsung because of the superior HDR capabilities. That and the fact that I can't find ANY good reviews on the Aorus. Does anyone here have any experience with the CHG70? Everywhere I go it seems that there are people who say it's great, and people who say it's trash. I want to know things like:

How's the response time? Will there be ghosting?

Are the blacks uniform, or is there glowing/clouding?

Are the colors any good? I've used a 27" 2011 iMac with an IPS panel, are the colors comparable?

Sorry for the wall of text, I've just been bouncing back and forth between a bunch of monitors, and I need some advice on this one. And if you think that the CHG70 isn't that good, what else do you recommend that is 1440p , VA and FreeSync/G-Sync?

Thanks

Solution
my samsung monitor has a (grey to grey) response time of 2 ms and a typical response time of 5ms, and i never notice any "ghosting"

i dont have any experience with the c27hd70 model, but i know my older samsung model has been working absolutely problems free for the past 11 years

woot

Distinguished
my samsung monitor has a (grey to grey) response time of 2 ms and a typical response time of 5ms, and i never notice any "ghosting"

i dont have any experience with the c27hd70 model, but i know my older samsung model has been working absolutely problems free for the past 11 years

Solution