[SOLVED] Is the temperature of my msi B450M PRO-M2 max high?

Jul 30, 2021
Good afternoon, I decided yesterday to turn on temperature monitoring, during games, the results are very good, when loaded on a CPU 45-60, the video card 72-75 ° normal, but the motherboard does not suit me very much in terms of temperatures 59-61 ° it could have been more if I had been sitting for 2-3 hours

I decided to read on the Internet what temperature should be under load.

I am quoting information that I found on the Internet.

"The standard temperature of a" motherboard "in idle mode is 35-45 degrees. Under load, it can rise to 55 degrees, but this is in high-performance systems - for example, a powerful gaming computer or a workstation for video rendering.

When running applications that do not require a lot of power - browser, player, text editor, this parameter should not exceed 40-45 degrees.

The critical value is 60 degrees or more. If you find such indicators, urgently deal with the cooling system: "

There are no questions to the usual mode, when browsing the Internet, YouTube, browser, application, the temperature of the motherboard is on average 40-45.

But when I go to play quite demanding games like gta5 / apex legends / cs go and so on ... The temperature gets 58-63. Because of this I am worried so that it does not burn out, does not break.

I know that my msi b450m pro-m2 max motherboard does not have heatsinks, and the budget version, but still have questions.

1. What is the normal temperature for my "msi b450m pro-m2 max" motherboard? And nothing will degrade / melt / burn at 58-65 exactly the motherboard's mat, not vrm. Perhaps the chipset, since I do not know what exactly it measures.

2. In aida, unfortunately, the sensors do not show how much the vrm south bridge, chipset, etc. heats up ...

Only the motherboard and temperature, but there are no other vrm-type sensors for the motherboard.

So what exactly does it measure?
Chipset? Vrm? Or the general temperature of the board mat.

Tried in hWmonitor there also, except for the system, that is, the motherboard mat does not show anything else, rather because of the lack of sensors.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

pc components: r5 2600x runs on a drain 3.6mhz video card gigabyte rx 570 4gb stock work 1244mhz and motherboard msi b450m pro-m2 max

translated everything through google translator, there may be errors, I apologize in advance.

Solution
Anything below 90C is fine for typical computer hardware.

VRMs are good to 110-125C, Chipsets up to 100C, CPUs and GPUs will self regulate, but not uncommon to see low 80s on even a properly cooled CPU, depending on the conditions. GPUs, will run warm, but they are designed to. Nvidia typically starts throttling at 83C, but some are set to 73C for more silent operation.

As for what sensors are what, try a program like Hardware Monitor, a lot more detail. Still, 50-60C is well within specifications for any computer hardware.

(An odd exception with older AMD FX CPUs, where top end temperatures would read as 63C, but they used an entirely different measurement methodology)

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador

VRMs are good to 110-125C, Chipsets up to 100C, CPUs and GPUs will self regulate, but not uncommon to see low 80s on even a properly cooled CPU, depending on the conditions. GPUs, will run warm, but they are designed to. Nvidia typically starts throttling at 83C, but some are set to 73C for more silent operation.

As for what sensors are what, try a program like Hardware Monitor, a lot more detail. Still, 50-60C is well within specifications for any computer hardware.

(An odd exception with older AMD FX CPUs, where top end temperatures would read as 63C, but they used an entirely different measurement methodology)

Solution
Jul 30, 2021
[QUOTE = "Eximo, сообщение: 22404821, участник: 377688"]
Все, что ниже 90C, подходит для типичного компьютерного оборудования.

VRM хороши до 110–125 ° C, наборы микросхем до 100 ° C, процессоры и графические процессоры будут саморегулироваться, но нередко можно увидеть низкие значения 80 даже на должным образом охлажденном процессоре, в зависимости от условий. Графические процессоры будут нагреваться, но они предназначены для этого. Nvidia обычно начинает регулирование при температуре 83 ° C, но некоторые устанавливают значение 73 ° C для более тихой работы.

Что касается того, что это за датчики, попробуйте программу, например Hardware Monitor, намного подробнее. Тем не менее, температура 50-60C вполне соответствует спецификациям любого компьютерного оборудования.

(Странное исключение для более старых процессоров AMD FX, где максимальная конечная температура была бы 63 ° C, но они использовали совершенно другую методологию измерения)
[/ЦИТИРОВАТЬ]
К сожалению, на моей плате нет датчиков для vrm / chipest, только материнская плата стоит в Аиде, или как вы писали в Hardware Monitor, а пишет только система там, то есть в нагрузке 56-61 в обычные 40-45.

После 2 часов игры в GTA 5 решил зайти в биос, там написано mate 57 ну да и само по себе уменьшение.

Jul 30, 2021

Unfortunately, on my board there are no sensors for the vrm / chipest, only the motherboard is in Aida, or as you wrote in the Hardware Monitor, but only the system writes there, that is, in a load of 56-61 in the usual 40-45.

After 2 hours of playing in GTA 5, I decided to go into the BIOS, there is written mate 57 well, and the decrease by itself.

TRENDING THREADS