[SOLVED] Is their any kind of converter for an ARGB 5V 3pin connector to micro b?

Apr 11, 2020
I recently purchased a T-Force Delta Max SSD, and it works great except I can't control the lighting. It came with a 5V 3 Pin ARGB to micro b cable and 9 Pin USB to micro b cable(which is what I have to use). The USB cable works, but will not allow me to control it, which is okay if it means it's out of sync, but it stays on when the PC is put to sleep. I looked and couldn't find converters of any type, my motherboard also does not have a 5V 3 Pin header. Any solutions, preferably cheaper options?

Solution
The only way you can exercise control over the ARGB display in the SSD is to connect it to an ARGB controller. But you do NOT have one, and you cannot connect it to the 4-pin Plain RGB type of header your mobo has. Forcing a connetion would burn out the lights, and maybe even damage the SSD function.

With no ARGB controller to use, your other option is what you have done. You connect it to a mobo USB2 header, and that gives the SSD unit a 5VDC power supply for its lights. But the unit can only create that one rainbow display on its own - i does not know any other action.
May 5, 2020
I was in a similar place with my build trying to find a way to incorporate 5v ARGB strip with 12v MB headers. AFAIK, it cannot be done. All of the RGB in my case is Corsair, so I was able to find an adapter cable to go from ARGB to the Corsair Commander, which is working quite well. Not sure if that is an option for you.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
The only way you can exercise control over the ARGB display in the SSD is to connect it to an ARGB controller. But you do NOT have one, and you cannot connect it to the 4-pin Plain RGB type of header your mobo has. Forcing a connetion would burn out the lights, and maybe even damage the SSD function.

With no ARGB controller to use, your other option is what you have done. You connect it to a mobo USB2 header, and that gives the SSD unit a 5VDC power supply for its lights. But the unit can only create that one rainbow display on its own - i does not know any other action.

Solution