[SOLVED] Is there a difference between pci-e and and vga

Jan 11, 2020
I started building my first computer. The graphics card requires 2x 8pin power connectors. If I use 2 Vga cords I get no picture and the monitor stays black. If I use my pci-e with a 8pin and 6 pin. I get a picture. If I use the pcie and the vga I get no picture. I don’t want to use the just the pcie because I don’t want to risk anything because I’m missing 2 pins. Why does this happen? What could I do? Should I just use the pci-e? Note: the graphics card does light up.

Solution
I started building my first computer. The graphics card requires 2x 8pin power connectors. If I use 2 Vga cords I get no picture and the monitor stays black. If I use my pci-e with a 8pin and 6 pin. I get a picture. If I use the pcie and the vga I get no picture. I don’t want to use the just the pcie because I don’t want to risk anything because I’m missing 2 pins. Why does this happen? What could I do? Should I just use the pci-e? Note: the graphics card does light up.
First of all, vga isn't a power connector, it is a data cable that gives your monitor display.
I believe it should be safe to use the 8-pin and 6-pin, but you may get a decrease in performance or thermals (don't take my word on this). If you really want to be...

bioax

Commendable
Nov 30, 2019
First of all, vga isn't a power connector, it is a data cable that gives your monitor display.
I believe it should be safe to use the 8-pin and 6-pin, but you may get a decrease in performance or thermals (don't take my word on this). If you really want to be safe, just get a new psu that has 2 8 pin pcie cables.

Solution
Jan 11, 2020
I believe it should be safe to use the 8-pin and 6-pin, but you may get a decrease in performance or thermals (don't take my word on this). If you really want to be safe, just get a new psu that has 2 8 pin pcie cables.
[/QUOTE