[SOLVED] Is there a difference from a 27" 1440p vs 4k monitor?

Kentelope

Prominent
Sep 9, 2019
Basically wondering if a 27" 4k monitor is worth it or would it be more noticeable difference on say... 32"?

Solution
Honestly, if I had a system that can display 4k on the highest settings at 120 fps with HDR. I would go with a 4k display even at 27" or smaller. The issue is can my system handle that? I think getting a better overall picture comes before getting more pixel density. The human eye can perceive up to an 8k display on a 27" monitor from the typical seating position.

There are some slight advantages to more pixels. You can turn off AA.

mihen

Honorable
Oct 11, 2017
As a person who owns a 27" 4k monitor and something close to 1440p pixel density, yes you can notice the difference. This is mostly with text. It isn't much and there are a lot of tradeoffs that come with a 4k display.

Kentelope

Prominent
Sep 9, 2019
As a person who owns a 27" 4k monitor and something close to 1440p pixel density, yes you can notice the difference. This is mostly with text. It isn't much and there are a lot of tradeoffs that come with a 4k display.
So would you say getting a 27" 4k monitor be worth it or would 32" + be something better for 4k?

mihen

Honorable
Oct 11, 2017
Honestly, if I had a system that can display 4k on the highest settings at 120 fps with HDR. I would go with a 4k display even at 27" or smaller. The issue is can my system handle that? I think getting a better overall picture comes before getting more pixel density. The human eye can perceive up to an 8k display on a 27" monitor from the typical seating position.

Solution

Kentelope

Prominent
Sep 9, 2019

Hmm okay, sounds pretty good to me, I'll probably be getting myself the new LG27GN950-B

Thanks!