[SOLVED] Is there a good quality ATX Mid-tower case with an external 5 1/4" drive slot available now?

Rick_S

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2010
I've had Corsair cases in the past, but I haven't upgraded cases in a while. There are several newer brands that have less expensive ones, but telling their quality is really hard from reviews. $I could go to $100, including shipping, but that's stretching it. Full ATX MB, with a standard-sized graphics card. My current case is 7 3/4 inches wide, and about 20" high.

Thank you for your advice.

Geezer760

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
Thank you all for your recommendations! They helped me focus on what I really wanted. I wound up purchasing a Be Quiet Pure Base 600 fron NewEgg.
https://www.newegg.com/black-silver-be-quiet-pure-base-atx-mid-tower/p/2AM-0037-00024
That Be Quiet is a nice choice, but imo is lacking in front airflow and have to remove the top panel for top exhaust, but the Phanteks Enthoo pro has good air flow front and top, but it is a big case though, I wish the Enthoo Pro M was still available, but the Be Quiet is a good price, all that matters is that your happy with your choice, Enjoy!