Question Is there a good replacement for Corsair Enthusiast Series TX850 power supply?

lynspottery

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
In the past week I've noticed that my power supply sometimes does not come on. I juggle the spot where the plug is in the back of the cpu and that seems to wake it up. But I have a feeling I need to replace it. But with what?

Here is my current pc setup:
Intel Core i7-10700K Comet Lake 3.8GHz Eight-Core
ASUS Z490-A Prime Intel LGA 1200 ATX Motherboard
G.Skill Aegis 16GB 2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 PC4-19200 CL
Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB SSD V-NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe
Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Universal CPU Co
Corsair Enthusiast Series TX850 V2 850W ATX12V v2.31/EPS12V v2.92 80 Plus Bronze Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply

UPDATE Note: forgot to include graphic card...
GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 Super GAMING OC 3X 8G Graphics Card, 3 x WINDFORCE Fans, 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6, GV-N207SGAMING OC-8GD Video Card

Last edited:

lynspottery

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
My graphics card is: Nvidia RTX 2070 Super graphic card, when I cut and pasted that info in my question, apparently the card line was at the end and it did not make it into the cut.

I was asking just about a power supply replacement for the one I listed. I included all the parts I have in my build in order for folks to see what my pc build is currently. My Corsair power supply is the oldest pc in use. My technician built my setup for me instead of me purchasing a prebuilt from a store.

I am actually taking my pc into my technician this morning for him to check it out. I was hoping for feedback on what updated power supply would be suitable for my current build, since it was the oldest piece used. But thanks for your inquiry since it appears I missed the graphic card info.

Not sure what you mean by a webshop...but I'm assuming you refer to a technician who builds and repairs computers and such. I have one who built my system and has maintained it for years.

Why ask about my country? I thought it was understood to be USA.???

People post to this forum from all over the world and prices and availability vary greatly country to country; that's why SID asked about your country. "Webshop" is reference to an online etailer such as Newegg, B&H, etc.
Check the list SID suggested to get a good idea of what's available and is of good and reliable quality. Corsair still makes a TX psu, and a step up would be the Corsair RMx series; an RMx 750 or 850 would be more than enough power for that build and would allow for some overclocking if you so desired.

lynspottery

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
UPDATE: My tech found the problem....simple issue with the power cord. Thank you both for your input. Appreciate the clarification too.

After doing a standard diag for me and checking everything out, he found no problems, but the cord plug was a bit wiggly..so he suggested a replacement. He is nothing if not detailed oriented and I am grateful for such a technician to go to with my computer issues.