Question Is there a latest Motherboard with build-in PC Speaker Like N1996

TheuTrich

Prominent
Oct 16, 2021
Hello, I need a new PC with a motherboard that has a built-in Speaker like the N1996 has(Because It was broken, and here is the last time It work.). It Speaker can use to generate a POST Beep like the buzzer, and also use as a speaker. When I search for a motherboard with a speaker it always assigns "Speaker" to "Buzzer"(I think it just uses for old IBM PC) that is why I need to ask here. Is there a new motherboard that is manufactured with the Speaker built-in?

TheuTrich

Prominent
Oct 16, 2021
Besides server boards, I believe no modern motherboard has a built in speaker, but almost all motherboards have the pins necessary for a basic buzzer to be attached, and those can be purchased seperatly.
Thanks for replying. If there is no modern motherboard available, Is there a latest motherboard(no need to be modern) available with a playable PC Speaker build-in

TheuTrich

Prominent
Oct 16, 2021
That motherboard just has one of these built onto it:

You can add one to nearly any motherboard. However, you can't use as a speaker (nor on the N1996 either).
Thanks for replying. I know It is the Buzzer speaker that can plug into any mainboard but there is no port in the N1996 to use as a buzzer speaker just an "SPKR" port like here, to use as a normal buzzer(beeper speaker) and a normal speaker (can use to play music) I think the N1996 series has a lot of types so, some can have that port and some doesn't, this is the type "N1996 MS-7336 VER:1.0" I mentioned. It's so hard to find a motherboard that has a unique feature using a speaker as a beeper and music. btw thanks

TheuTrich

Prominent
Oct 16, 2021
You won't find a motherboard where the PC Speaker can also play audio. Using the PC Speaker for POST beeps has fallen out of style in favor of LED codes or diagnostic lights. Even if you could use the typical piezo speaker for an audio output, it would sound horrible anyway.
Thanks for replying. My N1996 up there used a speaker with a diameter of around 5 cm( 2 in) with a reasonable sound quality like other wired speakers connected to the rear or front. btw my N1996 has died 2 days ago so that's why I try to find a new motherboard, I don't like to have a 5v USB speaker. I have a great day with it, and now it has just gone...

By default the PC speaker/buzzer won't be used for audio since sound cards became a thing in the 90s. There is software to send stuff to it, but the quality is horrendous and due to the way the speaker is adressed by the system, CPU load will be immense.

You should be able to plug basically every pair of headphones or speakers into the output of the onboard audio. There is no need to have anything special just for the computer. I just use my stereo setup on it without issues.
There are also speakers that fit into a drive bay, if you don't want to have extra stuff sitting around on your desk, but quality-wise ymmw.

Reactions: TheuTrich
Thanks for replying. My N1996 up there used a speaker with a diameter of around 5 cm( 2 in) with a reasonable sound quality like other wired speakers connected to the rear or front. btw my N1996 has died 2 days ago so that's why I try to find a new motherboard, I don't like to have a 5v USB speaker. I have a great day with it, and now it has just gone...
Out of what my Google searching tells me with this, there's this https://www.amazon.com/Desktop-Motherboard-N1996-L-A690-T5900V/dp/B09GMR3CV9 with a piezo speaker built in. But then there's also http://www.findlaptopdriver.com/ms7336specs/ which was used in an HP computer that had an internal speaker, which I'm presuming was hooked up the sound card's output instead. Or it's a duplex unit with a piezo speaker built in because having one speaker connected to two outputs at the same time generally doesn't work very well.

Reactions: TheuTrich

TheuTrich

Prominent
Oct 16, 2021
The model I use for discussion here is the "ms-7336 ver 1.0" link here, which has 2 black RAM sockets. In case the image is too blurry here is a better one, In the Image under the PCI slot has the label named "MADE IN CHINA", on the left of it is the white plastic connector named "SPKR" under it(it is blocked) is where the speaker, not beeper connected to. surprise, the speaker works very well but the CPU just need a little work to drive it. btw when the computer power up, it just makes a beep sound for POST like a normal beeper, but when it goes to the os(here is windows XP) it will work like a normal speaker and play a 'startup' sound, It does its job very well. and I still keep the mainboard although it not working.