[SOLVED] Is there a solution to inverse ghosting on the Samsung LC27RG50 Curved monitor 240Hz?

May 21, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I am experiencing white shadows around objects when moving in a game. (GTA 5 and Modern Warfare). This has never happened before and I unsure as to why it is now.

I have tried using a different DP cable and it didn't fix the issue.
I also used a second monitor 60Hz and it worked fine without ghosting, therefore I can conclude that the problem is the monitor.

Thank You

Solution
Inverse ghosting is typically the result of overdrive being applied too aggressively. More overdrive can make the image a little sharper during motion, but can result in artifacts like you are seeing. You might try turning down the overdrive setting in the monitor's control panel one notch, and seeing if that helps.
Inverse ghosting is typically the result of overdrive being applied too aggressively. More overdrive can make the image a little sharper during motion, but can result in artifacts like you are seeing. You might try turning down the overdrive setting in the monitor's control panel one notch, and seeing if that helps.

Solution