Is there a way to control my CPU fan without BIOS and Speedfan?

wellok

Prominent
Jul 31, 2017
Is there a way to control my cpu fan without BIOS and Speedfan?

My BIOS is on DELL's version A14 which has only auto, low, medium, and high for fans. There is no monitor for RPM and has no way to control the fan speed % curve for automatic, which is far too low. Medium/High makes my fan run and sound like a jet engine. Low is probably 5%-10% fan speed.

Speedfan doesn't support my motherboard model in the config (DELL 08HPGT) and going through Configure > Advanced won't show any PWMs for any selections. I would look further into it but it really seems like a pain.

I installed HWiNFO but the warnings of potential damage from fan usage is pretty disheartening since I'm not a pro at this.

Is there a program like MSI Afterburner for CPUs? The way they control GPU fans is really handy.

wellok

Prominent
Jul 31, 2017

The problem is that the fan strength is still too low on auto. I want to increase fan strength to say 30% at 55 Celcius but there is no monitor or option for it.

Also, I basically have my case opened up though I prefer not to do this since it'll increase how much dust goes through my system.

wellok

Prominent
Jul 31, 2017

No, I bought it second hand.