[SOLVED] Is there any problem by leaving some thermal paste on green part of cpu?

May 2, 2022
I accidentally got some thermal paste on the side (green part) of my processor (ryzen 5 5600g), it was the stock thermal paste that came with the stock cooler and I couldn't clean it all off. Booted of my system and it has been working fine for 8 days.
I'm afraid of cleaning it because i'm not experienced and fear breaking something, can I just leave it there? won't it cause any problems in the future? i'm a bit paranoid sorry.

Solution
Could you parse an image of the extent of what you did? Often times it can be harmless but I've seen people add too much to have the paste end up on the retention mechanism, and eventually making their way into the socket when the system was upright.

You will need Q-tips and isopropyl alcohol to clean the thermal paste off, regardless of where it's made it's way to(except CPU sockets/pins).

Lutfij

Titan
Could you parse an image of the extent of what you did? Often times it can be harmless but I've seen people add too much to have the paste end up on the retention mechanism, and eventually making their way into the socket when the system was upright.

You will need Q-tips and isopropyl alcohol to clean the thermal paste off, regardless of where it's made it's way to(except CPU sockets/pins).

Solution
May 2, 2022

It's not that much and i can't take any photos because there's no position that i can see the side of the processor. I don't think it'll make it's way to the pins, so can I just leave it there?