Is there any way 2 rescue a cd rw after bad write?

G

Basically i kicked the reset button on my machine during a rite to a new cdrw, now i cant access/format it or anything. I only just got it this morning...

My other sig is thought provolking and interesting.(And spelt corectly:eek:)

G

In a word..No, if its really important you could take it to one of the companies that recover data off corrupted hdd's, otherwise draw the numbers 12,3,6,and 9 on it, get a mechanism for it and voila!, you have a clock

G

Theres nothing on it thats important, but its turned into one of these things that i HAVE to fix or il go insane, even if i just get it to work again (i.e. format it)
Thanx anyways, and your sujestion is noted.. :)

G

Yes, you can still use the CD/RW even though the TOC has not been written to the disk yet. Even though the data on the CD cannot be used (It won't be able to find the data and files cause there is no TOC) you can still erase the disk and then use it anew. If you are using DirectCD from adaptec you are going to need to reformat the disc. Though I do not suggest using that software unless you are storing data you would like to update such as a resume, or outlook PST files.

G

Ok iv solved it!! When i tried to format/blank/generally access the disk the programs i used told me there was no disk to access...
So i searched for a "dumb" blanking utility(one that wouldnt bother to check if there was a disk..)
I came across SUPER Blank,prob was it needed some aspi drivers?! Needless to say i got them and the program worked a treat and now my cdrw is working again :eek:)

ASPI drivers: http://welcome.to/cloneclinic (files section)

Sorry cant remember where i downloaded superblank from...

Thanx mindglo!(u posted while i was typing!) <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by evolotion on 01/23/01 00:57 AM.</EM></FONT></P>