[SOLVED] Is there any way to have different resolutions permanently applied to different monitors and not have to keep changing them?

Dec 6, 2022
My PC is in my room but i spend most of the time in the living room here where i have a little setup of a laptop desk with a 42 inch Hisense tv on top as my monitor. I've got a 10 meter long high-speed HDMI cord going up to the ceiling in my room, across the top of the ceiling cavity and then down through another hole in the ceiling here in the living room to my tv here.

I also have a 55 inch LG CX tv in my room, so previously i was using a 4k HDMI splitter to send a signal to both tv's, but no matter what i tried i couldn't get HDR to work on the living room tv, and if it did then most games would go black screen as soon as i opened them. Upon investigation i realized the Hisense tv wasn't actually 4K at all... it's just a 1080p tv :(

To get to the point... i have a 1060 GPU... and i read that it has a Display Port port aswell, so what i've done now is bought a Display Port to HDMI adapter which i plugged into the DP port and connected the long HDMI cord to the other end and it works perfect. As for the CX in my room, i just connected a HDMI cord to that and it also works perfect.

Only thing though is it's still like both displays are interacting with each other. I've tried the multiple monitors thing in settings and it seems my only option is to have "extend screen" (sorry i'm not tech savvy at all) enabled... which i don't want.

Is there anyway i can just have the CX set to 2160p with HDR on and the Hisense set to 1080p (it can't do HDR) and just have it so when i have either tv on those settings automatically come up... like they act independent of each other as far as display settings go... whether it's using the splitter or both connected directly to the GPU?

Last edited:
Solution
Natively? Unlikely. Windows is pathetic when it comes to stable multiple monitor support and not having settings that change in some way or other. This has been solid for me, even using the free version, for a long time now.

Natively? Unlikely. Windows is pathetic when it comes to stable multiple monitor support and not having settings that change in some way or other. This has been solid for me, even using the free version, for a long time now.

Solution
Emoji_Thumbs_up_001.png