[SOLVED] is there any way to plug in a motherboard to a display with HDMI connection, and use it?

tube_

Commendable
Apr 8, 2020
so my laptop broke about 1 - 2 years ago, and I was wondering if I could just pull out the mobo, somehow connect it to a charge, and just use it on a display through HDMI. Thanks.
Also what I mean by broke is that it stopped charging, and wouldnt turn on, then eventually just didnt show a light anymore.

Solution
Can you:
Take the motherboard out
Connect a viable storage drive
Connect the relevant laptop power brick
Connect a monitor to the HDMI port

Assuming all those parts actually work...Probably.
No different than leaving it in the laptop case, though.

tube_

Commendable
Apr 8, 2020
This depends on how the laptop broke.
In a laptop, the motherboard IS the whole thing, mostly.

So what died on it?

I dont really know, I did have some virus issues before, but all I know is 1: viruses 2: stopped charging, and three, display wouldnt turn on, not sure if it was broken. sorry if I didnt mention that before.

tube_

Commendable
Apr 8, 2020
This depends on how the laptop broke.
In a laptop, the motherboard IS the whole thing, mostly.

So what died on it?
ALSO: I forgot to mention, I think the battery died, and I tried to get in there, but I gave up in the middle of it. IDK why I did that. But that was my guess, so now I'm trying to get the motherboard out, which brings us back to my original post.

USAFRet

Titan
Can you:
Take the motherboard out

Solution

tube_

Commendable
Apr 8, 2020
Can you:
Take the motherboard out

Well the reason why I need to take it out of the case is because power isn’t going into the battery or the battery isn’t powering the computer itself, and I’m trying to fix that, so I had the idea of just taking the motherboard out of the laptop case as a whole and try to avoid putting it back in. Sorr if I’m not understanding.

USAFRet

Titan
Well the reason why I need to take it out of the case is because power isn’t going into the battery or the battery isn’t powering the computer itself, and I’m trying to fix that, so I had the idea of just taking the motherboard out of the laptop case as a whole and try to avoid putting it back in. Sorr if I’m not understanding.
In the case or out, that power situation needs to be fixed.

tube_

Commendable
Apr 8, 2020
In the case or out, that power situation needs to be fixed.
Yeah, tats why I wanna take the battery out and to do that is to access the mobo, but I was thinking of just taking the motherboard out as a whole to avoid disassembling it again, but I see the point. I might just try to take out the shell and get to it’ll, but it takes a looong time. My original problem is that it wasn’t powering up after battery death, and it didn’t charge it. Also, whenever I used the computer I would always have it plugged in. Do you think it burnt out or something?