Question Is there any ways to make bootable usb from windows for macbook?

BJordan

Prominent
Oct 13, 2020
i don't have mac os installed and last time, i've made the usb recognised on boot when i click it, it didn't load then it straight boot into windows rather than boot into the usb, i'll accept any ways to make it happen

Asez23

Reputable
Oct 11, 2020
first, have a windows installer on a usb. an easy way to do this is to take a windows 10 pc, plug your usb into it and download the windows media creator tool from the microsoft websites. Then, follow the instructions o the tool to create a windows 10 installer on your USB. You will need minimum 8gb. This might take up to 15 mins. after that, you can plug the usb into your mac with no os on it. If this still doesnt work, check your hard drive.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
are you trying to make a mac os boot disk from a windows machine? i think that is what you are asking but i am not 100% sure.

please explain EXACTLY what you are trying to do, why and what you have to work with so we can offer the best help we can :)

BJordan

Prominent
Oct 13, 2020
are you trying to make a mac os boot disk from a windows machine? i think that is what you are asking but i am not 100% sure.

please explain EXACTLY what you are trying to do, why and what you have to work with so we can offer the best help we can :)
i'm trying to reset windows on my macbook (who doesn't have mac os) by clean install it

BJordan

Prominent
Oct 13, 2020
first, have a windows installer on a usb. an easy way to do this is to take a windows 10 pc, plug your usb into it and download the windows media creator tool from the microsoft websites. Then, follow the instructions o the tool to create a windows 10 installer on your USB. You will need minimum 8gb. This might take up to 15 mins. after that, you can plug the usb into your mac with no os on it. If this still doesnt work, check your hard drive.

i did the same with this but with windows 7 installation, the usb didn't got detected then i change the usb into gpt and restart the macbook again, and this time it appears but it won't boot into the usb, instead it boot into the windows

BJordan

Prominent
Oct 13, 2020
Right2 so i use this software "EasyBCD" to make my usb bootable after the mac booting into the hard disk, it works like a charm and everything goes very smoothly, i appreciate that you all trying to help me and thank you!