[SOLVED] Is there anyway for me to convert my boot windows drive, a Sandisk 256 gig ssd to GPT from MBR without losing data for free?

Solution
If the drive does not show up in UEFI, it will certainly be absent in windows device manager.

Put the NVMe on the M.2_1 position (believe it's the upper one). Enter UEFI, select Advanced -> Onboard devices configuration and set Hyper M.2X16 to disabled. Also set M.2_1 configuration to PCIE Mode.

If it does not work can you borrow another NVMe for a friend, to rule out whether it's a board or an NVMe card issue?
Jan 3, 2021
You should be doing backups anyway.
What would you do if this drive died right now? Even without this conversion procedure.

But...
I use Macrium Reflect for this. Install, run it, save a full drive Image off to some other storage device.
How do you back them up in this software.

USAFRet

Titan
Jan 3, 2021
My windows and bios do not detect my Samsung 970 NVME drive. I have tried both slots in my mobo and I found out it can't be detected booting Windows in CSM mode. And i can't boot my PC unless it's in CSM mode because my windows drive is MBR meaning it has to be booted in CSM mode.

TRENDING THREADS