Is this a dead mobo ?

philippeb90

Honorable
Oct 5, 2015
So, i recently made a post because my computer would not boot further than the win logo.
I shuts down instantly when loading windows (power off for 2 sec then reboot).

Here is what i have done.

Changed the psu with new one.
Bought new CPU today and no luck.

Tried using 1 ram block out of the 3 i have, tried switing them around, in all the slots.
Tried to boot into windows installation, shuts down when getting past win logo.

AND, now i cant even get a signal on the screen.. even if im using my dedicated graphic card.
Tried the onboard too ..

Is this sign of the mobo is dead ?
I could really use any guesses, because so far, my own has cost me an extra psu and an extra cpu ..

Mobo is: p8h67-m

lasik124

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
Quick couple other things you can test out:

First, was it working and then stopped or is this a new build?

Second:

Try reseting CMOS. I have had that when there was a power surge, thought all was loss. Something in the BIOS was messed up reset CMOS all was well.

Try taking the mobo out of the case however leave the power switch and everything hooked up and try running it from outside. If it works, you mobo may be shorting out on something inside the case. I had a Very Early ASROCK 939SLI that they didn't put good insulation points around the holes for the mobo stand causing is to short. I just put electric tape over the mobo stands and screwed her in and all was well. (Which is funny because i had the same issue with no display but sorta booting up at points.)

Let me know if any of this helped

philippeb90

Honorable
Oct 5, 2015

It have been running fine with this build for ... 3 years i think ?
It just suddenly broke down..

Can i just place the mobo on the foor and give it a try ? (I have wooden floor so it should not be conductive)

philippeb90

Honorable
Oct 5, 2015

Ok, can you sort me out with one last thing then ?

I currently have the p8h67-m motherboard,
Would a p8p67 be compatible with my old components ?

2600k cpu
750ti geforce
and some ddr3 1333 ram ..

I am 99% sure .. but seriusly .. i just spend all my money on a new car, i cant afford to keep buying wrong components :pfff: